Friday, August 1, 2014

Test Strips, EVERYWHERE!

As a diabetic, do you find that there are test strips everywhere? 

I've come to notice, I leave a trail of test strips where ever I go. It's one of my 'bad diabetic habits', not throwing test strip in the trash where they belong. I usually put them back in my meter holder thingy (whatever that thing is called). 

They tend to fall out every time I open the darn thing, but do I learn? Of course not!

Today, walking out to my car, I noticed something. Three test strips lead the way, from my front door all the way to my car. I'm pretty sure they were all MY test strips! 

How in the world? I've never tested my blood sugar outside, and I always have my meter holder thingy in my purse. So, how are they even outside? I'm guessing they fell out of the trash when taking it out? I guess I do throw some away, eventually. 

Then another thing happened today. I decided it was time to clean out my purse. It was pretty darn horrible. I could never find anything in it, plus there had to be about 15 smashed granola bars in there as well. Hey, you never know when a smashed granola bar is going to come in handy, right? Anyway, I figured it was time to swap them out for some fruit snacks, or I don't know... glucose tabs.  

Once I was done cleaning out my purse I was surprised to find maybe 100, or so, used test strips at the bottom of my purse (ewwww). I guess all the times I opened my tester with it half way in my purse lead to many many test strips falling into the big black hole I call my purse. 

So how about it, are you the kind of diabetic who leaves a trail? Or do you know one that does? 

No comments:

Post a Comment