Thursday, August 7, 2014

I will give you the finger everyday of my life.

And yes, I do mean the middle finger!



Being a diabetic sucks, lets just face it. I do try to find the brighter side of things and I try to laugh at myself (though few people know what I'm laughing at). My jokes are not funny to anyone, but me. You have to laugh at it though, or it'll just bring you misery. 

So many people in the diabetic community suffer with depression and guilt about there diabetes. I'll be honest, I too, have had my fair share of lows (mentally and physically) dealing with an impossible disorder. I've sat an just cried wishing I didn't have to deal with this. I've asked myself, why me? It's not fair! It's so overwhelming to think for the rest of your life, 24 hours a day 7 days a week, you will be playing the balancing act. You will constantly check your sugar and see if you passed or failed on your attempt to guess your carbs, while also calculating everything else that is going on in your environment that is going to affect your blood sugar. 

Diabetes is the only disease where the medicine you are taking can potentially kill you and your the one who has to guess what the right amount is... that is really scary! Of course, with technology and the help of doctors we are pretty good at guessing, but still it's never perfect and it's still a guess. How many times have I gone low this week? To many to count! 

So everyday I give diabetes the finger! Most the time when I test my sugar I use my middle finger and in my head I'm thinking, yeah take that! F you, diabetes! Then I move on with my day and try my best to roll with the punches of diabetes, because it's not all bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment